domingo, 15 de abril de 2012

Lapland Experience II

After the first Lapland edition, here we go again. The next day we pack the lugages and we went to the Ice Hotel. This is situated on the way from Kiruna to Abisko (the National Park). You can fill in a request telling about your experience and what would you like to design. In that way, people from every corner of the world, meet every year in this place in order to build an Ice Hotel. The design is changing every year. You will never find the same shape, aspect, figures... The Ice Hotel is a real and "normal" hotel, where you cand book a room. There are some rooms for clients but the most of them are just sculptural rooms and the design depends on the artist. Before you are going inside the room there is a panel telling the name of the room and the name of the artist. There is not much more to say about the hotel, I think is better if I attach some pictures and you see by yourself what I saw there. 











 The Ice Hotel impressed me more than I thought. For what they said, they are lucky because they have a river just behind the place where they build the hotel every year. The river is so good for this purpose (ice purposes) that apparently they receive many requests from many different places in the world asking for their ice. These kind of Ice Bars that you can find around the world are using the ice from this place.

Once we were completely satisfied with our visit to the Ice Hotel, we came back to Kiruna for getting our lugages and starting to move to Abisko. We were supposed to make a stop in the middle of our way in order to meet the leader of one of the Sami tribe. But we had to postpone it for our last day. When we were moving from Kiruna the sky was completely clear, nothing to do with what we found when we arrived to Abisko, a fully cloudy sky, which foresse that we could not see the Northern Lights this night. But, fortunately, we could ;). Before starting to tell this story, I am going to attach the video of the hero in Kiruna, by our german friend, Saskia (this goes for you Max).


As I told you before when we arrived to our new destination, the panorama was not very encouraging. But we did not care about that and we were having a walk taking advantage of the light hours left that we still had. We were in the middle of nowhere almost, I think this is one of the reason why is was so magic. It was full of snow, trees, mountains, and really big lakes. There were no inhabitants over there, just peace. Again, and as usual, I attach you some pictures of our walk.









Some people will be wondering about the last picture. It is the last one of a slow motion image, where I was breaking a mix between ice and snow with the head. They made me do that (by force).


Later, when it was almost completely dark, we came back to our rooms.We were having our poor dinner again and having a shower. Afterwards, we went to a really big and wide tent where all of the pople from the trip met in order to know each other better, to have some barbecue food, and to have fun all together. I think it was 12 p.m more or less, when Morrys screamed, "the Northern Lights are outside just overhead!" We did not believe him because before, the most of us were going outside trying to see anything, but as the sky was almost completely cloudy, we could not see anything. Finally someone decided to give him a vote of confidence and we realized that he was telling the awesome truth. I do not really know how to describe what I felt when I saw them. I think is this kind of think that you can not describe with words. It was a dream came true, something that I was dreaming with since I realized what the northern lights were. It was not the best time for seeing them, and we couldn not see them perfectly, but it was so beautiful (and moreover the fate gave us another chance where we could see them in all its splendor). Closing this post, I attach some Northern Light's and tent's party pictures and I will see you in the next one ;)








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario