In our third day we moved to Narvik. Narvik is a small city in the very north of Norway. The city is inside the Artic Polar Circle. This city is famous because the iron from Kiruna's mine is moved to Narvik in winter because the coasts in the north of Sweden are easier frozen that the coasts in the north of Norway. Once the iron arrives to Narvik, it is distributed around the world without problems.
In the Second World War, this city became famous due to its harbor. Nazis tried to come over the city because they wanted to take the control of this strategic point.
We were supposed to make a stop in our way to Narvik in the middle of the road in order to see the Fiords. It was a really foggy and furthermore, it was snowing a lot. We had to cancel our stop not one but twice. In the end, we were able to get off (not in the initial fixed stop) and we arrived to one of the many Fiord's shore. Even it was not the best day for enjoying the beautiful and stunning views of the Fiords, we could take some good pictures and even though we spent just about 20 minutes over there, the weather was changing and we could have some nice memories. Here I attach some pictures so that you can enjoy as well ;)
The first impression that I got when we arrived to Narvik was that it was a ghost town. There was no one walking through. The main square was completely full of snow, I never saw something like that before. However, I have to say that when we were surrounding the village with the bus, the image that I got was about a beautiful fishing village, with every house painted in a different colour, full of water...I really bet it must be amazing in summer time.
We spent around two hours in the city, the first one was dedicated to the museum that they had to recall the naval battle that they had in the Second World War. It was interesting, but from my point of view (and I think from the point of view of almost everybody there) it was too much descriptive and detailed, and I think it was a very important point that made a lot of people fall asleep when the guy was projecting the documental ;)
Even it was a very small village, it was surprisingly expensive. As I said in the first post, we had an amazing and unforgettable trip, same thing that we had with the food...We tried to find a place for getting some food. There was a burger place, and a ******* burger cost around 15 or 20 euros...It was crazy...In the end I got two so much cheaper burgers in something like a supermarket, stationery store, and fast food as the same time...I know what you think, but it has spent 2 months and I am still alive ;)
Here I attach some pictures of the ghost town:
Once we left Narvik and Norway, we were heading Abisko and Sweden again, but this time would be the last time... We divided into 3 groups in order to go to the sauna. We were the last, so, in the meantime I decided to take a shower, take a rest and have my "amazing" spaghetti again... We went to the sauna at 8 in the evening. We had to walk around 15 minutes from our place. We were walking in the middle of nowhere, and suddenly, the small house with the sauna appeard on the way. 2 minutes far away from the house we had a huge lake, and in this huge lake a hole was dug. It had the size of 2 people. The thing was simple, we had to spend some time in the sauna, take the flip flops (otherwise it was the ******* hell), run through the snow path and arrived to the lake. We should go in group of at least 2 people, in order to avoid any risk. Once you were there you just needed to jump inside the small square hole in the frozen lake and try to do your best ;). It was a really healthy and incredible experience. I went 3 times. The first one I was good, the second one so so, and the third cost me more than I thought...
During my first walk something magic happened. I was going with 2 girls, and I started to see something weird in the sky...I told them I was pretty sure it was the Northern Lights. In the beginning they did not trust me, but after my insistence they started to have a look at the sky in a more fixed way, and they started to think the same. We started to scream trying to advise the others inside the sauna. They went out and they could enjoy it as well. I felt like Christopher Columbus when he discovered America. It was amazing, taking a freezing dip in the frozen lake and looking at the Northern Lights at the same time, without words (but with pictures). I want to clarify something. I want to attach some pictures and I will end this post up. The pictures coming now are not just of the sauna season, but of before and after the sauna (in our way coming back home we were very lucky and Northern Lights were appearing almost everytime. This night we went to sleep at 4 in the morning, after running out all the possible Northern Lights ;) ).
P.S: Thanks Anna & Jorge for the pictures ;)
C u in the next post, hugs and kisses ;)





No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario