After this amazing night, we woke up next morning a little bit sad. We knew this day was our last day in Lapland. We were coming back "home" after this unforgettable experience. We had to wake up early because we did not have the room anymore. So, we just left the lugages and we took advantage of our last time in Lapland. We did some "sled racing" even though the most of them finished in a non good way...Once you watch the next video you will understand what I mean ;)
We spent a couple of hours with the sledges and we had a walk around the zone where we were staying. We did not have too much time to spend. Some people were doing ice climbing, or walking on the snow with rackets (they did it because they had already booked it). I am going to attach some pictures of our last walk in Lapland and, in the same way, I am going to attach some pictures of our return trip. Before we definitely left Lapland, we made a stop that we have outstanding. We visited one of the many Sami families and their reindeers. This kind of people are traveling according to their reindeers. They are nomads, they do not stay too much time in the same place unless the reindeers do. They have their own lenguage but they also know how to speak Swedish, Norwegian and some of them, English as well.
When we arrived to the Sami's place, we split the group in two sub-groups. One group met the Sami (woman) leader, and was with here in her home, listening to her, asking questions to her, and drinking a typical Sami soup and something like ham but instead of coming from pigs it was coming from reindeers. The other group was with the Sami (man) leader, feeding the reindeers. I was first with the woman and after that with the man. As the man had been talking and meeting with more foreign people, he knew better than the woman how to speak english. It was not a really cold day, but the wind was blowing very strong, and I spent one of the coldest nights in my whole life.
There was no turning back, we were finally leaving Lapland. I will always remember this experience, no matter what.
On our way back, we made the last stop (out of Lapland) in the Artic Polar Circle place, it was just a panel which reflects this point, but it was an important point in the end.
I know the last photo looks weird, but I did it in order to focus my face, because the picture was taken in the night, so as you know, cameras need extra external light some times, if you want to get a good picture in the night.
This is my Lapland's farewell. I hope you had enjoy as much as I did. C u all in the next post, hugs and kisses ;)












Vaya pedazo de viaje a Lapland y vaya pedazo de video con los trineos!!! Ese espectáculo lo hago por el show jeje.
ResponderEliminar